The formal mentee program is a three year program and is by application only. Up to twenty mentees per year are accepted and each
mentee is matched with a mentor through a process that ensures good "chemistry"
to foster a learning environment. We have learned that the key to a successful
mentoring program is one that facilitates an environment of trust and sharing.
Currently there are over 130 CEOs participating in the program as either a mentor,
a mentee, a counselor or a Society of Fellows participant.
There are up to twenty events/meetings per year including an annual
retreat, a participant appreciation event, field trips to locations of interest,
and educational programs. Once mentors and mentees are initially matched, the
formal mentoring relationship component becomes self-paced.
Cost for mentee participation:
- $150 application and self-assessment profile processing fee
- $4,000 annually
Cost for mentor and counselor participation:
- Your very valuable time
Cost for Society of Fellows participation:
- $1,000 annually
- You have operated as the sole Ultimate Decision Maker of the business a minimum of 3 years
- You have annual revenues over $1,000,000
- You have a desire to substantially grow your business
- You have a minimum of 5 full-time employees
- You display internal and external integrity as a business owner
- You are willing to invest the time - meet with your Mentor a minimum of 2 times per month and attend 75% of events
- Note: Only one Mentee (the Ultimate Decision Maker) per company may be accepted into HEMP.
Do you want to participate? Request more information through the Apply Online
section of this web site. If you do not qualify at this time,
try the Resources section, but keep us in mind for future consideration!
- You are a veteran business owner or a top level executive
- You have a willingness to openly share your business knowledge - both successes and failures
- You are willing to commit to meeting with your mentee at least twice per month
- You are willing to commit to attending 50% of networking programs including the annual retreat
Do you want to participate? Request more information through the
Apply Online section of this web site.
Other Program Involvement…
Counselors are individuals who are not currently matched with a HEMP mentee, but have a wealth
of experience they are willing to share with others in HEMP. Counselors have been through the
mentor screening process and are eligible to become matched mentors. They may be willing to
serve as a counselor on an as needed basis for a limited period of time (i.e., one or two meetings,
a phone call) or may choose to be included in the ongoing pool of available mentors.
Society of Fellows
The Society of Fellows is open to anyone willing to support HEMP with a financial commitment,
including mentors and counselors, that have been involved with HEMP for 3 years or longer.
Participation in the Society of Fellows allows for a way to financially support HEMP and give
back to HEMP for the benefits that you have received in the past as well as stay connected with
others in the organization through invitations to the many HEMP events.